In March 2014, Bedford College was inspected by Ofsted. The highlights are listed below and the full report is also available to download.
- Students’ outcomes in a variety of settings and programmes are good.
- The proportion of students who complete qualifications successfully in English and mathematics, has significantly improved and is now high.
- Teachers have excellent links with industry and use these effectively to develop high levels of industry-related skills, which prepare students skilfully for the world of work.
- Many students progress well onto employment or apprenticeships. Progression into higher-level courses both internally and to higher education institutions is high.
- The large majority of teaching is good or better and is particularly strong in the vocational craft subjects.
- Support for students is good; particularly the support teachers and managers provide for vulnerable students.
- The vocational learning experience for students age 14 to 16 is exceptional.
- The college provides an excellent environment for learning and resources are very good.
- Senior managers and governors set a clear strategic direction for the college and staff share their ambition and high expectations.
- Leaders and managers work successfully with employers and external agencies to provide a highly responsive curriculum to meet local and regional needs.
» Download the full report