Some of our courses have discounts available if you meet certain eligibility rules – if you qualify you won’t have to pay any tuition fees. If a discount may be available for your chosen course, you will have the option to launch our fee calculator (found on course pages via the course search) to find out whether you qualify.
To qualify for a discount you must be…
- Looking to study GCSE English or Maths and don’t already have an A*-C grade in one of these subjects, OR
- Aged 16-18 on 31 August 2017 and not currently in full-time education, OR
- Aged 19-23 on the start date of your chosen course and looking to study your first full Level 2 qualification, OR
- Aged 19-23 on the start date of your chosen course and looking to study your first full Level 3 qualification, OR
- Unemployed and receiving one of the following benefits: Employment & Support Allowance (work-related activity group), Jobseekers Allowance, Working Tax Credit (subject to income), Income support.
If you’re aged 16-19 and need help with childcare costs, the government’s Care to Learn scheme could pay up to £160 per week towards your childcare costs while you’re learning.
Please note: the level of support you receive will depend on your household income and the course you are studying. Conditions apply and early application is recommended.
Loans and instalments
There are lots of easy to access ways to spread the cost of your course – which means a big investment in your future doesn’t have to mean a big hit on your bank balance.
Higher education loan
Low-interest loans are also available to pay the cost of the tuition fee for higher education courses (e.g. HNC/Ds and Foundation Degrees), with repayments starting after your studies are finished and only when your salary rises above £21,000.
Direct Debit instalments
Taking out a loan isn’t the only way to pay for your course – for courses over £100 Bedford College also offers an affordable Direct Debit instalments option to help make part-time study more affordable and spread the cost of tuition fees. Please note: an additional £20 charge applies if you choose to pay by instalments.
To find out more about all of the financial help available at Bedford College, visit our Finance section or call our Student Services team on 01234 291934.