Aerial Tree Pruning NPTC Level 3 Award (CS40)
This unit will introduce you to the use of a chainsaw and/or other pruning tools, working from a rope and harness in conjunction with a ground person in medium-sized, open grown trees.
To begin this course you will need to have studied the following: Maintain and Operate the Chainsaw CS30, Fell & Process Small Trees CS31, Climb Trees and perform Aerial Rescue CS38, Operate a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness CS39.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify, inspect and comment upon key parts of the equipment to be used
- Prepare the equipment for use ensuring the safety of themselves, other people and the environment
- Comment upon the structure, condition and properties of the tree(s) to be worked upon
- Use a chainsaw and other pruning tools whilst maintaining a working position within the crown of the tree
- Use a rope and harness in conjunction with ground staff.
To take part in this course you must bring PPE (personal protective equipment) and other tools and equipment as listed on the joining instructions. You can also view the PPE and tools list here. These will be emailed to you a few weeks before the course is due to start – please contact us to confirm you have the required items.
In addition to the tuition fee listed above there is an optional charge of £130 should you wish to register with the awarding body and take the assessment to receive a recognised certificate of your training.