Bookkeeping AAT Level 1 Award
This qualification is ideal if you are new to the skills and knowledge required of bookkeepers, and will be suitable if you are studying in preparation for employment in bookkeeping job roles, or for further study in accountancy.
There are no formal requirements to start the course; however, a good level of English is required.
This course has been designed as an introduction to bookkeeping practices.
During the course you will study the following topics:
- Knowing how to complete financial documents
- Recording cash and credit transactions in books of original entry
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Understanding the petty cash input system
- Extracting a trial balance from ledger accounts
All units will be externally assessed by City & Guilds examiners via a 1 hour and 30 minutes examination.
Further study and career options
On completion of this course you will be well prepared to find employment in a bookkeeping role, or you could complete further study through the Association of Accounting Technicians.
The purchase of a book will be required, details of which will be given during the first session.