Business & Professional Administration Higher Apprenticeship Level 4
This Apprenticeship programme is designed to meet the skills needs of employers by attracting new talent into a career in business and administration and help to upskill the workforce to replace those who leave or retire. To start this programme, you will be working in a role such as office manager, administration team leader, personal assistant or business development executive.
You must have an Apprenticeship Agreement between you and your employer. This can be used to reinforce the understanding of the requirements of the Apprenticeship.
You must also be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding, Level 2 in English and mathematics. This requirement may be met through the achievement of Level 2 functional skills, equivalent GCSEs, O Levels, A-Levels or AS Levels, or through an initial assessment which demonstrates the required ability.
You will focus on:
- helping to increase productivity and efficiency within a business and administration workforce
- gaining the skills, knowledge and experience needed to undertake business and administration roles in a range of business settings
- developing the skills, knowledge and experience to progress to roles with additional responsibilities and on to future learning opportunities, if you wish to do so.
Total minimum credit value for this pathway - 97 credits:
- Competence qualification - 57 credits - Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Knowledge qualification - 40 credits - Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF)
You will be assessed through a portfolio of evidence which could include observations, assignments, professional discussion, Q&A, case studies and work products.
Business & Administration Level 4 Diploma
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
Further study and career options
You will be able to progress on to:
- A Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Management & Leadership
- Further or higher education to undertake business related or other qualifications, including foundation degrees in areas such as business, business management, and business administration, a range of business and management undergraduate programmes, or a range of business or management professional qualifications at Level 5 and above
- Further employment opportunities within your current job role/alternative job roles
- Specialised qualifications providing additional technical knowledge and possible membership of professional bodies.
With additional training, you may be able to progress in your career to roles including operations director, business development manager, company secretary or a wide range of managerial roles within business.