Management Higher Apprenticeship Level 5
To provide employers of all sizes and across all sectors in England with a high quality nationally recognized programme which will attract new talent into management and up-skill the existing workforce to make business more productive, efficient and profitable.
Candidates seeking to undertake this apprenticeship must be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to or exceeding Level 2 in English and mathematics. This may be met through the achievement of Level 2 functional skills, equivalent GCSE’s, O Levels, A Levels or AS Levels, or an initial assessment which demonstrates the required ability. Candidates should have a strong interest in a career in management. They should demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and good communication skills on which the apprentice will build. Entrants will come from a diverse range of backgrounds and will have a range of experience, age, personal achievements and, in some cases, prior qualifications and awards which may count towards achievement of an apprenticeship.
The main objectives are to:
- Build a competent management workforce, providing organisations of all sizes across all sectors with the staff needed to increase productivity and efficiency
- Tap into the skills and talents of a diverse population by providing flexible entry routes into a career in management
- Equip individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to undertake management roles in a range of business settings.
- Provide apprentices with an opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and experience they will need to progress to higher level roles with additional responsibilities and onto future learning opportunities, if they wish to do so.
Workplace observation, witness testimony, work product evidence, professional discussion, Q&A, reflective accounts, research project
Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership
Level 5 Diploma in Principle of Management and Leadership
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
Further study and career options
You will be able to progress on to:
A range of management and other professional qualifications at Level 6 and above
Higher education to undertake management, business or other qualifications, including Degrees or Masters in Management
Further employment opportunities within their current job role/alternative jobs roles
Specialized qualifications providing additional technical knowledge
Possible membership of professional bodies