Health & Social Care Traineeship
A Traineeship in Health & Social Care provides you with an intensive period of work experience and training to give you the best opportunity of entering an apprenticeship, employment or further full-time study. The programme of study includes attending a high quality work experience placement as well as attending college two days a week to achieve a qualification in Health & Social Care, preparing for employment, Functional Skills Maths and English (where required).
You can start a traineeship if you…
- are currently not in a job
- have little or no work experience
- are aged between 16-24 and do not have a full Level 3 qualification (e.g. two A-Levels) OR
- are aged up to 25 Education, Health and Care plan or Learning Difficulty Assessment.
You will study towards:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Health & Social Care
- NCFE qualification in Job Search & Employment Potential
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
A wide range of assessment methods including written assessments and observation of performance in the work place.
Further study and career options
Completing your Traineeship will allow you to progress onto an Apprenticeships, further education at Level 3 or full-time employment.