CISCO Academy: CCNP Routing & Switching ROUTE 301-101
The CCNP ROUTE course is designed to provide professionals working with medium-to-large network's information of the advanced routing techniques used to implement scalability for CISCO routers connected to LANs and WANs. CISCO qualifications are highly regarded in the networking and telecommunications industries. The CCNA is seen as the stepping stone into an exciting career, these CCNP modules build upon this foundation knowledge significantly providing a path to possible career advancement, salary increase and greater personal satisfaction.
Completion of the four Cisco NetSpace CCNA modules is an entry requirement. It would also be beneficial to have passed the commercial CCNA Routing and Switching qualification, though holding the CCNA R&S qualification is not mandatory to start CCNP training, holding a commercial CCNA certification is a requirement to gain the commercial CCNP certification.
You will learn about:
- Interior and Exterior Routing Protocols for IPv4 and IPv6
- Route Redistribution including the use of Route-maps
- Path Control Techniques
- Enterprise Connectivity
- Securing Routers and Routing Protocols
- Basic Network and Routing Concepts
- EIGRP Implementation
- OSPF Implementation including Configuring OSPFv3
- Configuration of Redistribution including Manipulating Redistribution
- Using Route Filtering
- Path Control Implementation
- Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Routers and Routing Protocol Hardening
- Extensive Practical Labs.
This course in one of three component modules that make up the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching qualification.
75% via exams, 25% via hands-on practical final.
Further study and career options
This course leads on to the CCNP 300-115 SWITCH course.
Implementing CISCO IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP ROUTE 300-101) (Foundation Learning Guides) ISBN-10: 1587204568.