Microsoft Administering Windows Server 2012 (70-411)
This course will prepare you for the third and final certification exam in the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) series: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (70-412). You will build your knowledge and understanding through weekly classes, as well as having access to a variety of MS software and e-learning materials.
As this is an advanced technical course you should have attended the previous two courses as part of the Server 2012 MCSA suite, or have considerable experience in the use of Microsoft network operating systems in the workplace.
This course will focus on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as active directory and network load balancing, as well as access and information provisioning technologies.
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Implementing advanced network services
- Implementing advanced file services
- Implementing dynamic access control
- Implementing distributed active directory domain services deployments
- Implementing active directory domain services sites and replication
- Implementing AD CS
- Implementing active directory rights management service
- Implementing and administering AD FS
- Implementing network load balancing
- Implementing failover clustering
- Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
- Implementing business continuity and disaster recovery.
The MCSA suite of three courses in Windows Server 2012 (70-411) will be starting again in the next semester with Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012 (70-410). Cisco and CompTIA computer networking courses are also available.
Formative assessment will consist of the completion of lab exercises in class. You can also elect to undertake the optional online Microsoft certification test at a testing centre for an additional fee of approximately £45.
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this course you will be able to undertake further courses within the Microsoft Academy at Bedford College leading to Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) status.