Brickwork: Trowel Occupations Apprenticeship Level 2
This intermediate two year Apprenticeship will provide you with the introductory knowledge and skills you will need to undertake work in the Bricklaying industry. During the course you will learn how to set out Masonry structures, and build solid and cavity walling. Our courses have an excellent reputation with employers and help you to develop construction skills that will put you at the forefront of the job market. In College, you will be taught by staff who, have not only had successful careers in industry themselves, but who also lead in shaping the UK’s construction and building services training sector.
Some evidence of studying at GCSE level would be an advantage.
Previous knowledge or experience of the construction sector is desirable but not essential.
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Set out masonry structures
- Construct solid walling incorporating isolated and attached piers
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
- Construct masonry cladding
- Construct thin joint masonry
The practical elements of this course will consist of on-going training and assessment, with an end-of-course synoptic test. The theory elements will be assessed through progress tests, assignments, unit tests and an end of course final exam.
You will gain the following qualifications:
Trowel Occupations (Construction) Cskills Level 2 Diploma plus…
- Trowel Occupations (Construction) Cskills Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in English and maths
Further study and career options
Further study: On successful completion you could progress on to the Brickwork: Trowel Occupations Advanced apprenticeship.
Career progression: You could also move into full-time work as a bricklayer.
You will need steel toe capped boots, a high viz vest and usual study stationary.
The College part of this apprenticeship will start in September, however you will be able to start the work based learning element at any time throughout the year.