Brickwork Advanced (Level 3)
This Advanced study programme will provide you with the training and experience you will require to develop advanced brickwork skills to an industry-recognised standard, along with the additional skills required for supervisory roles.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- Bricklaying Level 2 Diploma with Functional Skills
- Subject units:
- Knowing how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Knowing how to carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Knowing how to repair and maintain masonry structures
- Knowing how to erect complex masonry structures
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
Assessment is continuous through each unit of training and throughout the programme.
Bricklaying Cskills Level 3 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this study programme you could progress into employment as a bricklayer, or in a supervisory role within the trade. In addition you could collect work-based evidence, which can be converted into an NVQ Level 3.
To take part in this study programme you will be required to pay £20 for uniform/equipment and £20 for a course textbook to aid your studies. You will also need to pay £10 to attend educational event(s) that complement your course.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.