Decorative Finishing Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
This apprenticeship will allow to you develop the skills and knowledge in painting and decorating that you have started to build during your Level 2 qualification. It will take up to one year to complete provided Level 2 qualifications have been achieved. Our courses have an excellent reputation with employers and help you to develop construction skills that will put you at the forefront of the job market. In College, you will be taught by staff who, have not only had successful careers in industry themselves, but who also lead in shaping the UK’s construction and building services training sector.
You will need to have completed a Level 2 Painting & Decorating apprenticeship programme.
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Understanding construction technology
- Apply coatings by brush and roller
- Apply wall coverings to ceilings and walls
- Produce advanced decorative finishes
- Carry out specialist architectural feature work
- Prepare surfaces for protection and decoration
You will be assessed via a variety of practical methods, including work-based assessments and the completion of tasks and assignments in College.
You will gain the following qualifications:
Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations Cskills Level 3 Diploma
- Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations Cskills Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in English and maths
Further study and career options
Further study: On successful completion you could progress on to the Higher apprenticeship in Construction Site Management at Bedford College.
Career progression: You will have more advanced skills to progress on to a higher paid role as a painter and decorator.
You will need steel toe capped boots, a high viz vest, a set of whites/bib and brace, and usual study stationary.
The College part of this apprenticeship will start in September, however you will be able to start the work based learning element at any time throughout the year.