Painting & Decorating Advanced (Level 3)
This study programme will give you the confidence to manage small projects and provide you with the skills needed to decorate complex surfaces, whether with paint, paper or metal leaf. The study programme will involve more research than tuition, so you will be expected to solve problems and manage your own learning to meet the programme requirements.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- Painting & Decorating Level 2 Diploma with Functional Skills
This course will provide you with the knowledge of a variety of decorative techniques, including applying wide and specialist wall-coverings to complex surfaces, installing lincrusta on to walls, replica faux painting of marbles and woods, applying metal leaf and spray-painting.
- Subject units:
- Carrying out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communication with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Carrying out specialist architectural work
- Applying water-borne paints using airless spray equipment
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
You will be assessed via a practical test at the end of the training period. There will also be an online knowledge assessment.
Painting & Decorating Cskills Level 3 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this study programme you could progress on to employment into the construction industry, or undertake one of our part-time foundation degrees in a relevant subject.
To take part in this study programme you will be required to pay £20 for uniform/equipment and £20 for a course textbook to aid your studies. You will also need to pay £10 to attend educational event(s) that complement your course.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.