Site Supervision Level 4 NVQ Diploma
This CAA (Construction Awards Alliance) course will provide you with the specialist work-trained skills that you will need for site supervision. The course will give you the opportunity to gain an industry-recognised qualification in recognition of your skills, knowledge and competence in the workplace.
This course is suitable if you are an adult learner and employed in a site supervisory capacity. It will be beneficial if you wish to progress to managing construction production.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Systems for health, safety, welfare and environmental protection
- Assessing and recommending work methods
- Planning work activities and resources to meet work requirements
- Co-ordinating work control
- Controlling work progress against agreed programmes
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery
- Maintaining supplies of materials to meet project requirements
- Implementing communications systems
- Maintaining the dimensional accuracy of work
- Controlling work against agreed quality standards
- Contributing to controlling work quantities and costs
- Co-ordinating preparation for site operations
- Managing your own professional development
- Allocating work and checking others' performance.
You will produce a portfolio of evidence, including testimonials and on-site assessment and training.
Further study and career options
On successful completion, you may progress to higher level site management qualifications. You could also take on more responsibility in your current role or progress to CIOB Associated status.
This is a part-time course with flexible attendance to be arranged on an individual basis. It will be on-site assessment-based.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable. Find out more about your payment options and how your loan could be written off at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans