Wood Occupations (Bench Joinery or Site Carpentry) CSkills Awards NVQ Level 3 Diploma
On-Site Assessment & Training helps experienced workers get the qualifications to prove that they can do the job, by turning existing skills and experience into a recognised construction qualification. It takes into account the skills you already have so you only need to train toward the things you dont know how to do, and the whole qualification can be assessed on-site so no work time is lost by attending College.
You need to be working in the carpentry trade.
You will need to complete three mandatory units and three optional units for your chosen pathway:
- Workplace safety
- Efficient working practices
- Moving and handling resources.
Site Carpentry optional units
- Installing first fixing components
- Installing second fixing components
- Erecting structural carcassing components
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry work
- Setting up and using circular saws.
Bench Joinery optional units
- Setting up and using circular saws
- Producing setting out details for routine products
- Marking out from setting out details for routine products
- Manufacturing routine products.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable. Find out more about your payment options and how your loan could be written off at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans