Counselling Children & Young People CPCAB Level 2 Certificate
This is a CPD (Continuing Professional Development) course that will enable you to explore the challenges of working with children and young people and the issues you will face ethically, professionally and personally when supporting and and working with young people.
This course is suitable for you if you are working with children aged between 5-16 years, in a role as a teaching assistant or a lunchtime supervisor, or you are involved in extended school services.
To begin the course you must have experience of working with children.
During the course you will cover topics including:
- Using counselling skills ethically and safely
- Managing and helping interaction
- Communicating empathic understanding
- Managing an active listening space
- Using self awareness to facilitate helping work
- Use counselling skills coherently
This is an intensive course and you will be expected to partake in private study on a daily basis.
Assessment will be through practical exercises.
Schools who would like to deliver this in-house over a shorter period could be considered.