Combined Electrical Inspection & Testing City & Guilds 2395-01 Level 3 Award
This qualification has been developed to satisfy the requirements for Proposed Qualified Supervisors (PQSs) for various scheme operatives to ensure they are conversant with the requirements of BS 7671 for Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical installations. It is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training before going on to other City & Guilds qualifications. The qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of initial inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification. It would be expected that candidates have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience on electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade.
Candidates will need a copy of BS 7671:2008 (2011) 17th Edition & On-site Guide and Guidance Note 3.
This qualification prepares candidates for the initial verification of electrical installation work. Learners achieving the outcomes of this unit will have demonstrated that they are competent in accordance with the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the Electrotechnical Industry. This unit is designed to enable learners to understand principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. Its content is the knowledge needed by a learner to underpin the application of skills for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations.
Units of study:
- 301 Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (Online Multiple Choice)
- 302 Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (Written)
- 303 Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (Assignment)
E-Volve online exam. Dated Entry written exam and Practical exam end of the completion of the course.
Successful candidates receive an industry-recognised Level 3 qualification from the awarding body City & Guilds.
Further study and career options
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Design, erection and verification of electrical installations (2391-20)
- Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2395)
- City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04)
Four days. Lunch will be provided.