Electrical Installation Advanced (Level 3)
This qualification is intended for those who want to expand their knowledge and proficiencies within the Electrotechnical industry. It will further give rise to the appreciation and principles that underpin a professional approach that is essential for those looking to further their career choices and progression to higher levels of education and training. The full-time Level 3 qualification lasts one year and is aimed at those who have recently completed a full-time Level 2 qualification or those with relevant experience and knowledge of the industry.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 ideally including English and maths
- Electrical Installation Level 2 Diploma or recognised equivalent qualification with Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
This study programme will build on all areas of study covered in Level 2, looking at the theory behind all aspects of the Electrotechnical industry. The study programme is heavily theory based, and includes in-depth practical inspection and testing as a basis for several of the units covered.
- Subject units:
- Understanding the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
There are mix of written and online exams, written assignments and practical assessments.
Electrical Installation (Buildings & Structures) City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
- English and Maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills and enrichment
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
During or on completion of the study programme you should be seeking work in the Electrotechnical sector. When in employment you could also progress to complete 2357 Level 3 NVQ. On completion of the study programme you could also progress to any of our CPD short courses.
To take part in this study programme you will need:
- Note-taking equipment
- Scientific calculator
- Maths set
- Memory stick
- Current version of the IET Wiring Regulations and On Site Guide
- an additional fee for the books
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.