Periodic Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2395-01 Level 3 Award (12 weeks)
This qualification has been developed to satisfy the requirements for Proposed Qualified Supervisors (PQSs) for various scheme operatives to ensure they are conversant with the requirements of BS 7671 for Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations. This qualification is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training before going onto other EAL or EMTA qualifications. This qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of periodic inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification. It would be expected that candidates have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade.
Candidates will need a copy of BS 7671:2008 (2011) 17th Edition & On-Site Guide and Guidance Note 3.
The qualification will prepare you for the periodic inspection of electrical installation work. On completion, you will be able to show that you are competent in accordance with the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the Electrotechnical Industry.
This unit is designed to enable you to understand principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. You will gain the knowledge needed to underpin the application of skills for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations
After the course, you will be able to progress into employment or on to the following EAL or EMTA qualifications:
- EAL Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Maintaining Electrotechnical Systems)
- EAL qualifications in environmental technology systems
- EAL qualifications in 17th Edition, requirements for electrical installations BS7671
- EAL Level 3 Award In the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT).
You will study the following units:
- QCR3/001 Principles, practices and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations (online)
- CR1, CR2 Principles, practices and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations (practical)
You will gain an industry-recognised Level 3 qualification from the awarding body EAL.
Assessment will be by an online exam and practical exam at the end of the course.