Requirements for Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2382-15 Level 3 Award: 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (6 weeks)
Meet the needs of candidates who work in the Building Services Engineering sector such as Electricians, and who need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of the IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations.
It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671:2008 (2011).
It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671 2008 (2011) (17th edition).
At the end of the course, delegates will:
Study all the Parts and Appendixes of Current IEE Wiring Regulations to BS 7671:2008 (2011).The IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:June 2008 (2011).
Units of study:
- Understand the Introduction and Structure of BS 7671:2008 (2011)
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of Special installations or locations as identified in BS
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations.
E-Volve online exam end of the completion of the course.
Successful candidates receive an industry-recognised Level 3 qualification from the awarding body City & Guilds.
Further study and career options
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (2392-10)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations (2391-10)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Design, erection and verification of electrical installations (2391-20)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulations for Electrical Installation Contractors In Dwellings (2393-10)
- City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04).