This study programme will ensure that you will develop the foundation skills and vocational knowledge needed for employment in the floristry sector. It will give you an in depth knowledge of running a floristry business, in addition to the advanced skills needed to create beautiful and modern floral designs. The study programme is designed to provide a foundation to help you progress onto higher level courses at university, or to find work in the floristry industry.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 ideally including English and maths
- Floristry Level 2 Diploma with Functional Skills
- Subject units:
- The creative design process for florists
- Diverse flower and plant care
- Planning, assembling and evaluating diverse tied floristry designs
- Planning, assembling and evaluating diverse floral designs for weddings
- Planning, assembling and evaluating diverse floral designs
- Planning, assembling and evaluating diverse funeral designs
- Working in the floristry industry
- Negotiating and agreeing terms and conditions for the sale of floristry products and services
- Function and event decoration using floral displays
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will have the opportunity to visit floristry events, flower markets and take part in competitions.
- You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills in commercial work.
A variety of assessment methods will be used, including presentations, case studies, portfolios and practical assessments. The study programme will also require you to complete an online, externally set test.
Floristry NPTC Level 3 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
Floristry is a diverse industry, and this study programme will also help prepare you for potential employment in private and corporate floristry, sales and marketing, buying for flower companies, creative demonstrations and event work.
If commuting to Shuttleworth College will be difficult for you, then you can choose to live in our halls of residence on campus. Priority is given to those who live the furthest distance from the College so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. Visit our accommodation page for more information - www.shuttleworth.ac.uk/accommodation.
Note: to take part in this course you will be required to pay an additional fee of £45 for required clothing, £900 for course materials and £120 for any trips/visits. You may be able to claim support towards this cost – please contact our Enquiries & Guidance team for more information.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.