Nail Technology City & Guilds Level 2 Award
This Level 2 Award focuses on the development of the principles and practices required in the Nail industry. You will learn to apply, maintain and remove gel nail structures.
This course is industry standard and leads to employment.
You will need:
- A good standard of the English language to allow for study and competence of the on line examinations
- An interest in Anatomy & physiology
- Good communication and people skills that enhance working with clients.
This course will cover:
- Preparation of client including consultation methods.
- Health & safety requirements for Nail Technologies.
- The application of gel nails system, maintenance and aftercare advice as well as the removal of false nails.
- Anatomy & Physiology of the nail and skin.
Theory exams are via City & Guilds, on line assessments (ICT based). Practical based assessments.
Further study and career options
This course can lead to employment as a Nail Technician or lead onto a Level 3 Nail Technology programme of study.
On this programme, you will need to own two folders and a clip board. You will also need to purchase a Nail Technologies kit (approximately £145.00) and a uniform (approximately £47.00).