Professional Cookery Advanced (Level 3)
The aim of the study programme is to develop your culinary skills and enhance your supervisory knowledge in the running of a kitchen environment.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- Professional Cookery City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma with Functional Skills
- Subject units:
- Establishing and developing positive working relationships in hospitality
- Maintaining the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex fish dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex meat dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex poultry dishes
- Cooking and finishing complex vegetable dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex hot sauces
- Preparing, cooking and finishing dressings and cold sauces
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex soups
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will also be given the opportunity to go on a trip to the Good Food Show.
There are no formal examinations for this course; however, you are required to record evidence of practical assessments and complete written assessments for each unit.
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this study programme you can progress onto a HNC/HND course in a related subject, or seek employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
This study programme will involve attending practical classes and theory workshops; practical sessions will include training and assessments in the restaurant production kitchen, where protective clothing will be required. If you are aged 16-18, tuition fees, exam fees and College membership are free. However, there are additional costs associated with some courses. To take part in this study programme there will be an additional fee of £10 for required clothing and £20 for the Good Food Show trip.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.