Motor Vehicle Body Repair & Paint Intermediate (Level 2)
This Level 2 qualification will cover the technical needs for today’s motor vehicle Body and Paint repair industry, including basic body repair and welding as well as paint techniques and procedures. It will provide you with essential knowledge for the body repairer/painter working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist body repair shops.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
Duration: 2 Years
- Transport Maintenance Level 1 Diploma and Accident Repair Level 1 Certificate with Functional Skills/GCSE at the appropriate level.
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-G or 9-2 ideally including English and maths, and a keen interest in vehicles. Other relevant levels of qualifications or experience will be considered.
- Subject units:
- Removing and fitting non-welded, non-structural body panels
- Removing and replacing non-structural body panels
- Repairing non-structural body panels
- MIG and Spot welding
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Preparing and applying fillers and foundation materials to vehicles
- Repairing minor paint defects
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, and other skills associated with working in a garage. The programme is 50% workshop-based and 50% theory.
Your knowledge will be assessed through set practical assessments in a motor vehicle workshop environment, online multiple choice tests and written assessment.
IMI Vehicle Accident Repair Body Principles Level 2 Diploma
- IMI Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Principles Level 2 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
On successful completion of the study programme you can progress on to our Motor Vehicle Body Repair & Paint Level 3.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition fees, exam fees and College membership are free. However, there are additional costs associated with some courses. To take part in this course there will be an additional fee of approximately £24 for required clothing, and £10 for any trips/visits that take place.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance