Plumbing Intermediate (Level 2)
This study programme will equip you with the necessary practical and theoretical skills you need to carry out a range of plumbing work to standards agreed by the industry.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-3 ideally including English and maths
Duration: 2 Years
- Plumbing City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma with Functional Skills
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-G or 9-1 ideally including English and maths, and a keen interest in plumbing.
- Subject units:
- Health & safety in building services.
- Key principles of cold and hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Electrical principles and processes within the building services
- Sanitation systems
- Drainage systems
- Communicate with others within the building services
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
You will be assessed continuously by practical assessment, and you will also sit national test papers.
Plumbing City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
On successful completion you could progress on to the Plumbing Level 3 or employment, where you can combine your job with part-time study at the College to gain an NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing.
You will be required to wear suitable safety footwear and overalls whilst in the workshop.
This course can be studied one year full-time or for two years part-time. If you are aged 16-18, tuition fees, exam fees and College membership are free. However, there are additional costs associated with some courses. For this course, you will be required to pay a fee of £30 for materials needed to complete the course.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance