Rainwater Harvesting & Grey Water Installation Systems City & Guilds Level 3 CertifiRainwater Harvesting & Grey Water Installation Systems City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate (Cancelled)
This City & Guilds Domestic Heat Pumps qualification will give you the knowledge required to plan and prepare, install (including testing and commissioning), inspect, service and maintain all aspects of rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems. The course will also enable you to demonstrate occupational competence, aiding your future career progression.
In order to begin this course you should hold a G3 Certificate in Domestic Unvented Hot Water Systems, Energy Efficiency and Water Regulations. You should also hold an NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing and Heating, or three years of industry experience.
The course will consist of a number of units, including:
- Understanding the Fundamental Principles and Requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Knowing the requirements to install, commission and handover rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems
- The Installation, commission and handover rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems
- Knowing the requirements to inspect, service and maintain rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems
- Inspect, service and maintain rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems.
The units primarily cover systems up to 6m³ of storage volume, but will also have relevance to systems with a storage volume in excess of 6m³. The units also include fundamental design awareness and component selection outcomes, but do not include detailed design.
You will be assessed via practical assessments and an online theory exam.
Further study and career options
Upon successful completion of this course you will be eligible to join the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) and Competent Person Scheme Providers, which is an industry requirement for installing this technology.
A minimum discount of £50 is available if you work or live within the SEEDA region (subject to conditions). Lunch will be provided and you will be required to produce 3 passport photos, your National Insurance number and proof of your qualifications.