Sport Science (Sport Coaching) Foundation Degree (FdSc) Level 5 (part-time)
This course will provide you with a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to work in the sport, health and fitness industry as a qualified sports coach. The Foundation Degree is a University of Bedfordshire (UoB) Award.
You will need:
- At least 48 UCAS points (BTEC: Pass Merit Profile) from a Level 3 course (A-Level, Level 3 Diploma or BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject area) studied over a two year period.
- GCSE grade A*-C or Level 2 equivalent in English and maths.
We welcome applications from mature students who will be considered individually on experience rather than qualifications.
During this course you will study a range of topics, including:
- Employment in the Sports Industry
- The Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology
- Coaching for Participation
- Management and Supervision in the Sports Industry
- Psychology of Sport, Exercise and Health
- Exercise Physiology
- Coaching for Development
Continuous assessment, practical assessment, coursework and presentations.
Further study and career options
You can progress on to a third year top-up course, delivered at the University of Bedfordshire, to achieve a BSc Sport degree. Utilising the knowledge gained from this course you could also go in to employment in the sports coaching, fitness, health and performance industries.
Clothing will cost approximately £30.