Sport Science (Personal Training) Foundation Degree (FdSc) Level 5
This course will provide you with a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to work in the sport, health and fitness industry as a qualified personal trainer. The Foundation Degree is a University of Bedfordshire (UoB) Award.
You will need:
- At least 48 UCAS points (BTEC: Pass Merit Profile) from a Level 3 course (A-Level, Level 3 Diploma or BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject area) studied over a two year period.
- A*-C grade or Level 2 equivalent in English and maths.
We also welcome applications from mature students who will be considered individually on experience rather than qualifications.
During this course you will study a range of topics, including:
- Employment in the Sports Industry
- The Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Principles and Instruction
- Management and Supervision in the Sports Industry
- Psychology of Sport, Exercise and Health
- Exercise Physiology
- Advanced Exercise Principles and Personal Training
Continuous assessment, practical assessment, coursework and presentations.
Further study and career options
You can progress straight on to the third year of a course delivered at the University of Bedfordshire, to achieve a BSc Sport degree. Utilising the knowledge gained from this course you could also go in to employment in the sports coaching, fitness, health and performance industries.
Clothing will cost approximately £30. To enrol on this course you must apply through the University & Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) using the institution code BEDF B23 and the course code C613. Visit www.ucas.com or call us on 01234 291000 for more information.