Advice & Guidance NVQ Level 4 Diploma
This course has been designed to reflect the work of experienced practitioners who work directly with clients, disseminating information, advice, guidance and formal advocacy at Level 4. You might also have some managerial or training responsibilities, or be a creator of information, advice and guidance, either disseminating information yourself as a practitioner or through your organisation in the form of publications.
You will be expected to have a more dynamic relationship with other organisations. The course supports the recognised need that individuals and employers must be responsible for gaining the skills needed to meet ever changing objectives which will in turn lead to improvements in efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organisation and with clients.
This course is suitable if you:
- Have managerial or training responsibilities
- Are a creator of information, advice and guidance within your service/practice
- Are dynamic in your dealings with organisations.
To achieve this qualification, you must achieve a total of 37 credits made up as follows:
- Five mandatory units totalling 17 credits, of which 10 credits are at level 4
- Optional units totalling 20 credits, of which 9 credits must be at Level 4.
- Develop interactions with advice and guidance clients–4 credits, Level 3
- Manage personal case load-4 credits, Level 4
- Evaluate and develop own contribution to the service-3 credits, Level 4
- Operate within networks-3 credits, Level 4
- Understand importance of legislation and procedures-3 credits, Level 3
- 20 credits, 9 of which at Level 4 choosing from 22 optional units
Assessment methods include: observation, work product evidence, professional discussion, Q&A and witness testimonies.
Further study and career options
These qualifications have been designed to encourage progression and allow for progression to and from OCR’s existing Advice and Guidance provision. You may also progress into OCR’s Careers Guidance and LDSS provision.