This one day Introduction to Tutoring course is intended for people who wish to progress into a job in the tutoring, support and guidance sector within education. It is intended to be a ’Hands-on’ practical exploration of the role and responsibilities of a personal tutor.
No previous experience of tutoring or pastoral support is required, however your focus should be on an intention to move into a tutoring role in the future.
This introductory course will be ‘hands on’ and will cover aspects such as:
• The theory and practice of the guidance and tutoring role
• Individual learning plans
• Action planning and target setting in 1:1 situations
• The professional values and practice necessary for effective guidance
• The ethical and legal dimensions of the personal tutor role
There is no formal assessment for this course. You will receive a ‘Certificate of Attendance’ on completion.
Further study and career options
On completion of this course you could move on to the University of Bedfordshire Tutoring, Guidance & Support Level 5 Certificate.