Travel & Tourism Advanced (Level 3)
This study programme, designed by travel and tourism professionals, will provide you with skills and knowledge relevant to a range of different sectors within the travel and tourism industry. Your personal skills will be expanded through a variety of assessment methods to prepare you for the workplace. Live experiences through trips and work experience will also take place during the course to enhance your learning. The study programme will cover many different areas of travel and tourism, such as entertainment for holidaymakers, responsible tourism, marketing, holiday reps, retail travel, work experience and more. Throughout the study programme you will also participate in a number of day trips, and a residential to a UK or European destination. This will enhance your studies and allow to put your newfound skills into action by hosting a welcome meeting, presenting to groups or even hosting an event.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 2 Years
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 ideally including English and maths
- Travel & Tourism Level 2 Diploma with Functional Skills
This study programme is designed to give you an in depth understanding of the travel and tourism industry, and will raise your awareness of other sectors that the industry is comprised of. You will also gain an insight into the range of opportunities currently available within the industry.
- Subject units:
- Tourism in the UK
- Arranging Business Travel
- Worldwide Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Promotions and Sales in Travel & Tourism
- Principles of Marketing for Travel & Tourism
- Work Placement in Travel & Tourism
- Ancillary Sales and Services
- Retail Travel Operations
- Conferences and Events
- Worldwide Adventure Tourism
- Development of Tour Ops Products and Services
- Developing an Entertainment Programme in Travel & Tourism
- Developing People in Travel & Tourism
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Special Interest Holidays and Independent Travel
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will also have the opportunity to take part in a residential trip to either a UK or European destination, and participate in day trips. Previous visits have included Disneyland Paris, Liverpool, Bath, Southend, Bristol, Brighton, Amsterdam and many others.
- You will also study additional specialist qualifications to enhance your career opportunities, such as NCFE Cabin Crew and Airport Passenger Service Agents.
Teaching will mainly be conducted through classroom-based sessions, with additional online help, tutorials and self-study. The units will be assessed through a variety of methods: this may include practical work through welcome meetings, coach transfers, presentations and role plays, and written assessment including reports brochures and essays. Assessment may also take place on the residential and day trips. There may be external examinations through functional skills or GCSE Maths & English.
Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Cabin Crew (Diploma route)
- Resort Representatives (Diploma route)
- Event Management (Diploma route)
- Aviation Operations on the Ground (Diploma route)
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
You can also gain up to 168 UCAS points.
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this study programme you can progress on to our Travel & Tourism BTEC HNC/HND, or use the UCAS points obtained on the programme to gain entry to university.
At this level you will be expected to carry out additional study outside College and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines. You will be required to provide your own pens, paper and folders, and wear a uniform one day a week minimum in line with industry standards. ID badges must also be worn at all times. If you are aged 16-18, tuition fees, exam fees and College membership are free. However, there are additional costs associated with some courses. For example, you may be required to purchase specialist uniforms £20, equipment or books. For this course, there is a £430 additional cost for trip fees.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.