Travel & Tourism Traineeship
A Traineeship in Travel & Tourism will not only give you a qualification in the subject but real life experience of working with top employers within the sector. Alongside learning the valuable practical skills, you will also study and gain the Level 2 Award in Travel & Tourism plus achieve Functional Skills in Maths and English.
This traineeship will enable you to:
- Train locally within the Travel & Tourism environment.
- Work with established Travel & Tourism providers
- Gain the Level 2 Award in Travel & Tourism and Functional Skills at the same time
- Study and gain experience at the same time.
- Progress on to an Apprenticeship or employment.
You can start a traineeship if you…
- are currently not in a job
- have little or no work experience
- are aged between 16-24 and do not have a full Level 3 qualification (e.g. two A-Levels)
If you are starting your traineeship in February you will cover:
- Interpersonal Skills – to provide excellent customer service, employees need good listening, speaking and writing skills. This will be the focus of this unit.
- Travel Planning – gaining the knowledge and skill needed to plan travel arrangements and enhance the travelling experience.
If you are starting your traineeship in September you will cover:
- Tourist Information Services (TIS) – learning about the role of the TIS and how to assist the customer effectively.
Visitor Attractions – studying a range of popular attractions in the UK and abroad, and understanding what draws tourists in.
You will be assessed via coursework as well as workplace assessment.
Travel & Tourism City & Guilds Level 2 Award
- Functional Skills English and Maths
- Traineeship in Travel & Tourism
Further study and career options
Completing your Traineeship will allow you to progress onto an Apprenticeships, further education at Level 3 or full-time employment.
You will carry out your work placement in a Travel & Tourism business.