Business at Bedford College is constantly evolving as we respond to the changing face of the employment market and the requirements of our students. This Level 3 Business study programme will enable you to study a vocational business programme which will prepare you for a career in business by developing practical business skills. You will develop a range of key skills and knowledge that will be essential for future employment or university study. You will take part in a diverse and exciting learning experience which has something for everyone. You will develop your creative flair and test your knowledge as you learn about business.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 2 Years
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 including English and maths
- Business BTEC Level 2 Diploma with Level 2 Functional Skills
During this course you will develop practical skills in all areas and aspects of business.
- Subject units:
- Human resources
- Careers development
- Contract Law
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- During the course of the year you will also be given the opportunity to visit local and national businesses in order to bring classroom theory to life. Previous trips have included Coca Cola, British Airways and the Bank of England. You may also take part in Subway’s ‘Design a Sub’ challenge, a nationally recognised competition which provides greater opportunity to develop your understanding of marketing practices and gain a hands-on experience relating business theory to a real life business scenario.
You will be assessed throughout the study programme in a variety of ways that aim to reflect the skills, knowledge and assignments that will be required in the workplace. Your demonstration of knowledge, application, analysis and evaluation skills will be measured through a variety of coursework assessment methods, including report writing, presentations, group projects, surveys, business games, roleplaying, debates, video and audio blogs, as well as outdoor pursuits such as team building activities.
Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
You can also gain up to 168 UCAS points.
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
Completion of this study programme will allow you to seek full employment, or alternatively to progress to further Business courses at the College, or at university. As part of the study programme you will be given advice on developing a career in Business to help you make the important decision about what to do next.
The Business department has a strict dress code that aims to reflect the business environment. We feel that it is essential that students on our study programme learn this essential employability skill. There is a book £40 and trip fee of £80.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.