Beauty Therapy Intermediate (Level 2)
This professional study programme will equip you with the skills you need to carry out a range of beauty therapy treatments to a nationally recognised standard.
Entry requirementsTo begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-3 ideally including English and maths
- Beauty Therapy and/or Hairdressing Level 1 Diploma with Functional Skills
Duration: 2 Years
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-G or 9-1 ideally including English and a keen interest in Beauty Therapy.
- Subject units:
- Health and safety
- Client care and communication
- Promoting products and services to clients
- Reception duties
- Facial skin care
- Eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- Trips and work placements include Professional Beauty Exhibition: London, BROOKS Annual Hair & Beauty Show, Skin Care product training, enrichment workshops and an opportunity to visit New York for a Skin Care & Make-up seminar.
- You will also create an image based on a theme in conjunction with your entry in our annual Hair & Beauty Show.
You will be assessed by your tutors as you carry out treatments on clients on a continual basis in the Colleges salons. It must be stressed that full commitment will be essential for your success, and you will be required to pass online end of unit assessment tests set by the awarding, as well as participate in group presentations.
Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
Successful completion of this study programme will enable you to seek employment as a junior therapist in a range of professional establishments. You can also progress on to our Beauty Therapy Level 3. Alternatively, you may be interested in the Theatrical & Media Make-up Level 3 study programme. Your course tutors will give you advice and guidance on your progression during your study programme.
To take part in this study programme you will be required to pay for £80 for personal equipment and a uniform £50, as well as paying £15 for trips/visits.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance